DISTRICT CLERK: Linda Svrcek
Mailing Address: 151 N. Washington St., Rm. 102
La Grange, Texas 78945
Fax Number: 979/968-2618
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM – 12noon,
(Closed from 12noon – 1PM)
JURISDICTION:Fayette County belongs to the 155th Judicial District Court and the 3rd Court of Appeals.
The 155th Judicial District is comprised of Austin County and Fayette County. (Waller County had previously been a part of the 155th Judicial District, but they were removed as of January 1st 2014.)
WHAT OUR OFFICE PERFORMS:
The District Clerk’s Office offers the following services to the citizens of Fayette County:
- Filing and maintaining Civil Suits
- Filing and maintaining Felony Criminal Suits
- Filing and maintaining Tax Suits
- Filing and maintaining Condemnation Suits
- Filing and maintaining Attorney General Suits
- Filing and maintaining Juvenile Suits
- Accepting Passport Applications
Maintaining the Naturalization and Immigration
Index and Records
We do not have any records online for the public to view.
We do have a computer portal in our
office for use by the public. It only displays cases open to the public.
FORMS OF PAYMENT:
· We accept CASH, CHECK, or MONEY ORDER as forms of payment.
We DO NOT accept credit cards of any type,
however, we do accept credit cards through our e-Filing service provider,
FILING FEE SCHEDULE:
Base Filing Fees:
Civil Cases: $242.00
Divorce Cases: $238.00 (Add: $3.00 for Waiver of Citation)
Parent-Child Relationship: $238.00
Name Change: $237.00
Family-Protective Orders: $253.00 (to be assessed against Respondent)
Occupational Driver’s License: $242.00
Expunction: $242.00 (Add: $8.00 per Agency to be notified)
Tax Suits: $197.00
The following actions are assessed at $75.00 for a Civil Case and $70.00 for a Family Case:
3rd Party Petition
Motion for New Trial
Motion for Contempt
Motion to Modify
Motion for Enforcement
Issuance and Service:
Citation Issuance: $8.00
In-County Service by Fayette Co. Sheriff: $100.00
by Certified Mail: $100.00
Jury Fee: $30.00
Order of Writ of Withholding: $25.00
Abstract of Judgment: $8.00
Issuance of Subpoena: $8.00
Writs (Garnishment, Execution, Sequestration, Etc.): $8.00
Warrant of Arrest: $8.00
Filing and Approving Bond: $4.00
Through Secretary of State or Commissioner of Insurance
(Each Service (1 Original + 2 Copies with Petition Attached + Service Fee)): $60.00
Fund Investment Fee (10% of Interest; If no interest, 1% of amount)
Not to Exceed: $50.00
Record Search for Each Party/Name: $5.00
Insufficient Check: $25.00
Copies (Non-Certified, Per Page): $1.00
Copy (# of pages + $2.00 Certification Fee per document)
155th Judicial District Court: http://www.155discttx.com/ (local rules can be found on this website)
3rd Court of Appeals: http://www.3rdcoa.courts.state.tx.us/
Office of the Attorney General/Child Support Division: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/index.shtml
Fayette County, Texas Website: http://www.co.fayette.tx.us/
Fayette County Appraisal District: http://www.fayettecad.org/e-FileTexas Website: http://efiletexas.gov/
Passport Information: http://www.travel.state.gov/
WE ACCEPT E-FILING!
- When e-Filing, please do not send any documents as “Attachments”; please send them as “Lead Documents”.o This includes Civil Case Information Sheets and Proposed Orders.
- Any e-Files that include “Attachments” will be rejected due to an error it creates in our computer system.
- For Exhibits, please scan/run the exhibit(s) behind the motion – so that it will all be one document.
- If your clients is already listed as a party, do not add them a second time.
- Please make sure you have all the correct optional services selected.- The e-Filing Service Provider (EFSP) we use is e-FileTexas. If you are using a service provider other than e-FileTexas and call us for assistance, we will do our best to help you but we cannot guarantee that we will fully understand the procedures of the other service provider.
We accept passports Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 12noon and 1PM – 4:30 PM.
Applications are available in our office or online at www.travel.state.gov
Each applicant must be present when submitting their application – including children.
Children age 15 must be accompanied by both parents who will both sign the application.
Children age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by one parent who will sign the application along with the child.
Adult passports (age 16 and up) are good for 10 years.
Child’s passports (age 15 and below) are good for 5 years.
The turn-around time for receiving your passport varies throughout the year. We highly recommend you apply for your passport as soon as possible once you know you will be traveling.
Book: May be used by US citizens to travel by any means to any international travel destination.
Adult (Age 16 and older) - $135.00
Child (Age 15 and under) - $105.00
Renewals (for Adults only) - $110.00Card: May be used by US Citizens to re-enter the US at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda only.
Adult - $55.00
Child - $40.00
Renewals (for Adults only) - $30.00
Expedite Fee (for both the Book and Card, and for both Adult and Child) - $60.00 per applicant
We accept cash, check, or money order.
When paying with check, we kindly recommend bringing two checks as payment will be split up.
What to Bring:
- Application (DS-11 – for first time applicants)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (or Naturalization Certification)
- Please make sure it is the long form (full page). The short form (half page) is often rejected.
- It will get sent with your application, but it will be mailed back to you.
- Driver’s License (we will make a copy and give it back to you)
- 2” X 2” photo (Wal-Mart, Hengst Printing, Diane Mueller (by appt.), Walgreens)
- Any additional documents that may be needd – Court Orders, additional forms for parental consent, name change, etc.
Renewal applications (DS-82) are available in our office but we do not send them off, you must fill them out, sign and take them (along with the necessary documents) to the post office yourself.
Please call our office before you visit if have any questions concerning your passport application process.