Fayette County District Clerk: Linda Svrcek
Mailing Address: 151 N. Washington St., Rm. 102
La Grange, Tx 78945
Phone Number: 979/968-3548
Fax Number: 979/968-2618
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (8am – 12noon, 1pm – 5pm)
Closed 12noon – 1pm
Fayette County belongs to the 155th Judicial District Court and the 3rd Court of Appeals.
The 155th Judicial District is comprised of Austin County and Fayette County.
Duties of the District Clerk:
The District Clerk’s Office is the filing office for the following types of suits: civil, felony criminal, tax, condemnation, divorce, parent-child relationship, Attorney General, Child Protective Services cases, juvenile, as well as other various civil and family cases. The office is also an Acceptance Facility for passport services. For genealogical purposes, the office maintains the Naturalization index and records.
Please note that we do not have any records online for the public to view.
We do have a computer portal in our office for use by the public during office hours. It only displays cases open to the public.
Forms of Payment:
We accept cash, check, or money order as forms of payment.
We do not accept credit or debit cards for over-the-counter transactions, however, we do accept credit cards through our e-Filing service provider for electronic filings.
Please call our office at 979/968-3548 to inquire about payment for passport purposes.
155th Judicial District Court: http://www.155discttx.com/
(local rules can be found on this website)
3rd Court of Appeals: https://www.txcourts.gov/3rdcoa/
General/Child Support Division: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/child-support
Fayette County, Texas Website: http://www.co.fayette.tx.us/
Fayette County Appraisal District: http://www.fayettecad.org/
e-File Website: https://efiletx.tylertech.cloud/
Passport Information: http://www.travel.state.gov/
Please send all documents as “Lead Documents”. This includes any cover letters or proposed orders. For exhibits – please scan them directly behind the pleading that they are an exhibit of, so it will all be one document/pdf. Due to a system error, our office does not accept any filings that are sent as an “Attachment” in e-Filing.
Please call our office at 979/968-3548 for questions about e-Filing.
- The District Clerk's Office is currently accepting passport applications by appointment only. We no longer accept walk-ins. Please call our office at 979-968-3548 to schedule an appointment and to confirm that you have all necessary documents and correct payment.
- Applications are available in our office or online at www.travel.state.gov
Who Needs to Appear?
- Each applicant must be present when submitting their application – including children.
- Children age 15 and under must be accompanied by both parents.
- Children age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by one parent.
- Passport Renewals cannot be submitted through our office. They must be submitted by the applicant through the Post Office.
- Passport Renewal Applications (DS-82) are available in our office or at www.travel.state.gov
Please call our office at 979-968-3548 to find out more information regarding appointment times, necessary documents, and payment.